We know that moving requires a lot more than just getting your household items moved from one place to another. That’s why we’ve provided here some additional resources to make sure you have all your bases covered.
Moving Checklists & More Information
- Virginia Varsity Moving Guide
- Virginia Varsity Pre-Move Checklist
- Rights & Responsibilities When You Move
- Making a Better Move in Virginia
Get to Know Roanoke
Helpful Links & Community Resources
Donating Your Items
For your convenience, we have provided a list and general contact information of reputable charities in the Roanoke Valley to which you may donate household items. Please contact the organization directly with any question or concerns, or to schedule the transfer of your items.
Family Promise of Greater Roanoke
- Call their office at 540-444-7374 to arrange pick-up (depending on volunteer availability) or delivery of your donations.
- For additional information visit their website.
- Sleeper sofas and large appliances not accepted at this time.
- You can schedule a pick-up or find a drop off location through their website.
- You can also call 800-728-7825 for more information.
Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley – ReStore
- Items are accepted for drop-off at the store Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm. Call 540-767-2267 for more information.
- Visit their website to view a list of their donation standards.
Goodwill Industries International
- Visit their website for more information on donating or to find the donation center nearest to you.