Most local residential moves are a one-day process. While multi-day and long distance moves will vary in their timing and duration, the process is essentially the same. A general timeline of a move is provided so you know what to expect during your relocation (exact timeframes, start times, etc. will differ).
Morning – Loading
- Crew will arrive at pre-arranged time, typically between 8-8:30 am. Travel time WILL be billed at the same hourly rate.
- Introductions of the crew members.
- Walkthrough #1 – Before loading, tour the home, discuss game plan and any special instructions.
- Choose valuation coverage and complete other paperwork.
- Truck set-up and crew will begin loading.
- Loading process. Please be available for any questions.
- Walkthrough #2 – At the end of loading, you must confirm that everything you wish has been loaded in the truck(s).
- Lunch plans and a time to meet for the unloading will be discussed with you.
Afternoon – Unloading
- Meet at your new home at the pre-arranged time.
- Walkthrough #3 – Before unloading, orient the crew to the home layout, room locations, access, and where key pieces will go.
- Truck set-up and crew will begin unloading.
- Unloading process. You must be present at all times directing from a central entry point.
- Reassemble (reconnect) any items that the crew disassembled prior to the loading process.
- Walkthrough #4 – At the end of the move, the crew will walkthrough each room with you to ensure proper placement of furniture and make any adjustments you request.
- Final paperwork and signing off on final approval.
- Payment of bill. Balance is due upon delivery.